Saturday 3 September 2011

Snow Horse...

In the far corner of The Transport Museum under snow in the Autumn we found a hiding horse... I remember being here when I was tiny to eat carrot cake on the weekend : he must have been hiding pretty well back then ... or maybe I imagined him now. The boats bobbing outside seem smaller too... and the old coaches with plastic horses - they pretend to take you places, but you still have to get back out where you started. In the gardens are children playing ping pong, old ladies drinking tea, birds talking amongst the trees and a little boy in a top hat, on his own singing into the lake - he was my favourite. I always thought the apothecary was here somewhere, but maybe it's hiding in another museum to be found on our next trip...
***
Today I am working on a mermaids tail for the beautiful Allison Harverd, will later be dreaming up two dresses for my up-coming Brothers Grimm style collaboration with Twitch Photos, simply cannot wait to see the new photography of three old favourite Flutterbydaisy dresses by the magical Danniella Jaine, and the Flutterbydaisy inspired doll my favourite fairy girl Alicia Gaultier is making from some dress scraps I sent her on a pidgeon ... *

No comments: