Sunday 23 May 2010

Mirror Mirror...


I met Hannah today and we went for a walk around Camden. We managed to have so many different types of juice I think we lost count. Most came from the little man inside the cafe that looks as though it was made from trees. He told us that he made it with his soul and gave it to us in the form of shots. Strange but nice. I bought a floppy hat and we went to see the little foot eating fish too ... not that they eat feet, just the bits off of feet.... ok I'm making myself feel a bit queesey. We found a shop that we hadn't been in before too - it was filled with all of my favourite things; victorian parasols, old china tea sets and bizarre taxidermy. There was a big stuffed black swan at the back that we had to touch out of childish curiosity. The highlight was the glass dome of hummingbirds though. Then we found a big secons hand book shop and I wanted to but everything, but didn't. We were then directed through the maze of the back area of the market that half of each of us thought we probably shouldn't be allowed into and also afraid we wouldn't find our way out of... but we did and all in all we had a lovely day :)

3 comments:

Vanessa. said...

What was the second-hand bookshop called and where in Campden Market was it? I'm going down to London in just over a week, and I'm a sucker for second-hand bookshops :)
Also, are there any nice vintage places you'd recommend? I'm so excited! :) xx

Natanya Louise Waybourne said...

Hey lovely ... it's in the Stables Market, along with lot's of vintage places... via the entrance closest to Chalk Farm station and down the stairs and at the back :0)
xxxxxxx

Vanessa. said...

Ohh thankyou so much, I can't wait to check it out :) xxxx